Sunday, April 8, 2018

Headshot List (04/08/2018) 5 Epic Zombie Reads For The Week


Hey Guys,

I got such a good response to last week's list that I decided to clean up the overall look of it and just start posting it on my blog every Sunday night because as we know Sunday's are for zombies. If you missed last week's list click here to see some epic zombie reads by some awesome writers. Alright, let's get this started...


Legion of the Undead

Born in the depths of Hell comes an army of darkness that will tear the Roman Legions to pieces. Relentless, hungry and pestilential, the risen dead will destroy everything in their path.

When Roman legions march over the borders of the Empire they meet an enemy greater than any they have ever faced. Emperor Vespasian has ordered a push further into Germania than the legions have ever been and an enemy army is gathering to meet them. What neither side is prepared for is the darker force that they will both face. Indiscriminate and incapable of mercy, the new enemy will drive the Romans to the very brink of destruction. The Gates of Hades have opened and the Roman Legions must face what has escaped.

My Thoughts: I love the concept behind it, a period piece with zombies? How can you go wrong? Also, I love the hustle that Michael has when it comes to making his dreams come true. It's not easy being an independent author but each day Michael gets up, promotes, puts pen to paper and keeps pushing out content for his fans. That's a Boss in my book, so if you wanna see what he's all about click Legion of the Undead



Survive the infection. Survive the Infected.

A new strain of the flu is spreading across Asia, Africa, and Europe. Disturbing scenes are flooding social media and the 24-hour news channels. People are worried. They're frightened. 


Too many dismiss the stories as infotainment hype.


But the virus is here. It's running through the alleys and clawing its way into the suburbs. And it's in your parents' living room, in the veins of a deranged man murdering your mother.


Do you run? Do you freeze in fright? Or do you fight?


The Slow Burn Series 

Book 1 – Zero Day 
Book 2 – Infected 
Book 3 – Destroyer 
Book 4 – Dead Fire 
Book 5 – Torrent 
Book 6 – Bleed 
Book 7 – City of Stin
Book 8 – Grind
Book 9 – Sanctum

Start the adventure.

My Thoughts: I love this series! This was the first zompoc book that I ever read and I picked up this very same box set because I was like "3 books in one! Hell yeah!" Daddy like's a deal but I got way more than I thought I would with this series. Bobby Adair is the kind of writer I aim to be, someone that pulls readers into a world and makes them never want to leave. I felt for his characters and I really wish he would put out more zombie fiction. Check it out Slow Burn: Box Set 1-3 (Slow Burn Zombie Apocalypse Series Book 0)




Closed Campus (Jane Zombie Chronicles Book 1)


No college orientation can prepare you for the zombie apocalypse…

Jane is homesick, lonely, and ready for a new adventure. When she starts her new radio gig at Scarlet Peak University, the worst thing she expects is a few late night prank calls. She never planned for zombies.
As the undead attempt to invade the station, Jane’s only chance of survival is to team up with a band of radio misfits. Together they have one chance to stop the sickness before it creeps off campus and threatens the world with annihilation.
Closed Campus is the first book in the Jane Zombie Chronicles, a series of post-apocalyptic novels with a twist. If you like undead zombie attacks, coming-of-age tales, and quirky characters, then you’ll love Gayle Katz’s debut novel.

Unlock Closed Campus today to experience the delightful terror yourself!


My Thoughts: I just want to come out and say, I am in love with this cover! I don't know what it is but I just can't get enough of it. I want to blow it up and toss it on my wall. Gayle is an awesome person and this is her debut novel and unlike most authors (namely me) she already has book two out, so you don't even have to wait. Gayle has a drive in her and I feel like she's gonna be around for a while, keep an eye on this one. Check it out Closed Campus (Jane Zombie Chronicles Book 1)


Afterlife with Archie: Escape from Riverdale: Escape from Riverdale

When Jughead's beloved pet Hot Dog is killed in a hit and run, Jughead turns to the only person he knows who can help bring back his furry best friend—Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Using dark, forbidden magic, Sabrina is successful and Hot Dog returns to the land of the living. But he's not the same... and soon, the darkness he brings back with him from beyond the grave begins to spread, forcing Archie, Betty, Veronica and the gang to try to escape from Riverdale!


My Thoughts: Okay, after you get past the fact that you just picked up an Archie comic, you get pulled into this super dark world. I mean this thing is on Walking Dead level for me, I'm addicted! Seeing how these characters who have been around forever deal with the dead returning is awesome. 


If you are into zombie comics you should check it out and if you like the show Riverdale, it has the same dark adult tone, but with zombies. Check it out Afterlife with Archie: Escape from Riverdale: Escape from Riverdale







"Fast, fun and action-packed!"

Who would help you during a zombie apocalypse? The Police? The Military? Your crazy prepper neighbor? No, it's time for The Zee Brothers!

Two badass zombie killing brothers keeping the apocalypse at bay, one job at a time.

Will they be able to stop it from happening? Can they?

Find out as Jonah & Judas try to save the world, one job at a time!

In Curse of the Zombie Omelet, an Arizona sub-division is over-run by a long-buried tribe.

Jump into the adventure with a race to stop the dead from unleashing an ancient curse.

Gruff and handsome, Jonah Zee, is the dominating, classic music loving leader, that calls the shots and keeps them coming.

Tobacco chewing, Judas Zee is the gun slinging, rock music loving goofball, that is slow to learn, but always has his big brother’s back.

And the hot and sassy JJ, is the heroine that captures the brother’s hearts and eyes, while doing her best to keep her dog, Xanadu, out of trouble.

Filled with pop culture nods and heroes that just don’t know when to quit, it’s a slap happy, blood-filled adventure, as the trio fights off zombies and the brothers fight each other for JJ’s affection. 

If you like Ash Vs Evil Dead, Army of Darkness and Z Nation, you’ll want to read this action-packed tale of zombie mayhem! Dive into The Zee Brother’s adventures today!

PLEASE NOTE: This is the standard edition of this book which does not include artwork featured in the deluxe edition.

My Thoughts: This book was out there and that's what I loved about it. It didn't take itself seriously, you could tell that Grivante had fun creating this one. Also, the brotherly love relationship between the two male leads just gives me Supernatural vibes. I could see Sam and Dean doing this, just with a redneck twist. I laughed and that's what matters to me. I have enough gloom and doom in my real life, sometimes I just wanna see someone blow off a zombies head and crack a dirty joke. So if you like family bonds, horror comedies, and questionable jokes then check this one out The Zee Brothers: Curse of the Zombie Omelet!: Zombie Exterminators Vol.1 (Standard Edition)


Well, those are my picks for this week. If you've read these or are already reading them, let me know what you think in the comments below and if you have any books you think I should check out, post them below. As always this was brought to you by Planet Dead



No comments:

Post a Comment